Apr2

APRIL 2ND… new store prices!

April 2, 2013 ⋅ by Ben Baller ⋅ 13 comments

so, no more foolery or trickery…
it’s april 2nd. guess what?
the chain is real. sorry to disappoint y’all. now I don’t care how much they make a year. whether it be 7 million or 9 million. what I do know is that the checks cleared and that’s ALL I care about. now. at the end of the day, that’s 26 kilos of 18k gold and 700 carats of vvs1 & vs1 D/E colored diamonds. so if you did the math you’ll see that’s a very good deal and since Ben Hundreds has a lot of family in the jewelry business, he knows that’s actually an awesome asset to sit on.
now if you actually want to buy the chain from them, it’s for sale here
I’m done with that…. we can talk about it in May or June or in 2014 when its still real.

so today is my wife’s birthday and before I head out to take her and my son around town…. I wanted to let you all know that. SINCE IT’S BEEN SUCH A GREAT YEAR: I HAVE LOWERED ALL THE PRICES ON THE ONLINE STORE PAGE!
EVERYTHING IS LOWERED!

THE TIME TO BUY IS NOW. I MIGHT RAISE THE PRICES AROUND SUMMER OR I MIGHT NOT, BUT THERE WON’T BE ANOTHER SALE UNTIL XMAS AND THAT’S WHEN IT GETS CRAZY.

god bless. thank you for checking out the blog…. I’m back until I get into a storm again or writers block.

also, check out FashionToast.com later today for my semi-professional photography test.

peace!

• richApril 2, 2013 11:35 am

hahaha u can clearl;y see the styrofoam around the edges on that sale page

• swissApril 2, 2013 3:10 pm

yesterday it was an april fools, today it’s called a lie…

• Ben BallerApril 2, 2013 11:10 pm

rich, that would be lighting G. def not styrofoam
    swiss. then I’m rich off a lie. which means i’d love to live that way everyday, but that’s a once in a lifetime job

• ATLWoodApril 2, 2013 11:55 pm

Thanks for finally updating the blog Ben. As usual it was a good read and I enjoyed catching up on all the craziness going on in your life. But man are you really holding on to this prank! And sorry to say it but if anybody watched that episode and is still even considering the possibility that that chain is real, they are mentally handicapped. I mean everything from the bad acting to the way it was carried and handled with the over-acting and trying to give it the illusion of weight was pretty obvious. Not to mention that when you “read” the number off the check you even said the wrong amount. Lol it should have been $2,615,000 but you said $2,600,115. If you were really reading it you wouldn’t have made that mistake. But hey regardless it’s an awesome prank and has served its purpose we’ll by garnering tons of attention for The Hundreds. I mean it’s fooled tons of blogs and even sites like complex. Well done sir.

• Ben BallerApril 3, 2013 9:54 am

thanks ATLWood. the filming was only to fulfill the show. I have nothing to do with the show. hence why the dates were off, etc. we HAD to use that date in order film them cutting me a check. that was the most they could cut that day. they couldn’t pre-date it. but I guess you’ll have to just figure out what makes you feel better. no pranks. why go this long? because I’m that much of a dickhead? I don’t even care. but I can’t tell you something wasn’t what it really was.

• Jon LucApril 3, 2013 11:29 am

Hey Ben,

Prior to you severing ties with the show did you have any intent to make this episode seem like an aprils fool joke? or did loud just deliberately do that after you left?

And definitely looking forward to the upcoming blogs

• Ben BallerApril 3, 2013 12:42 pm

Jon, naw, I can’t even call it… the chain idea came before we even decided to make it an episode. so I had started making this shit a week before. I was worried due to putting out that much gold and not having a big down up front…. but I’ve known them for a decade. the thing is, they announced that the show was going to be mondays instead of wednesdays months ago…. so it just happened to be on April 1st and honestly even if the show started a week before I guess they wanted this episode to be on this day. I didn’t finish the builds and a few other parts to some episodes, so I shot this last minute and they were cool with it to fulfill my part of the season

• EllusivejApril 3, 2013 2:33 pm

on april 20th in seattle they have a cannibis cup type event going on in Seattle. May be a fun way to ease your mind before or after the event. I met a colleague of yours, his company has an workloft at one of our buildings, he’s part of the friendly earth. Great People!

• RealApril 3, 2013 4:44 pm

April Fools’ jokes are for children, and I think (or I should hope that) Ben Baller knows better than to make a mockery out of his own good fortune.

• MarvinApril 5, 2013 6:26 am

This whole chain is just mad suspect. Ben takes detailed pics of his big jobs but here there’s nothing here at all. This is the biggest deal he has taken till date and theres has been absolutely no clarity about the piece. Just look at the LRG projects he has done for the Late Jonas which no one has ever topped to this job. Ben is not going to take on Money and produce something like that. Take the macroshots and detailed pics of the Hundreds project if you want people to stop the gossip. I just think this was a joke gone bad.

• DrocApril 6, 2013 9:42 pm

Why you still frontin sayin the chain was real? Its fake as fuck, it didnt have to come out on April Fools to see that chain is fake, has no shine and those diamonds look like plastic glue on faux diamonds. You’re mad corney for still saying the chain is real, just give it up, it was a joke, leave it at that.

• Ben BallerApril 7, 2013 10:03 pm