Mar27

WORLD’S BIGGEST DIAMOND & GOLD CHAIN!

March 27, 2013 ⋅ by Ben Baller ⋅ 14 comments

well, I know I have been terrible on updating, but I really have not been my usual self. I really have taken fatherhood and microblogging (instagram/twitter) more to heart.

I don’t have the time to spend 4 hours on an entry or even 1 hour really for a short one, it takes some time to crop and edit pics and upload and write…

but I started making a chain almost a week ago and it’s almost done.
it was commissioned by Bobby Hundreds and Ben Hundreds who are 2 of the cheapest fucks I know, but I think at the end of the day they know this is an asset at something this size and we didn’t use any small diamonds and I’m looking at at least 25 kilo’s of gold…

I had it made elsewhere and it will be flown back to me air parcel or through my friend this weekend…. I will film it to fulfill my contract with Electus and then I will be done completely. but I had to do this and these guys had nothing to do with the show at all….

I don’t believe in BIG april’s fools jokes, so stop all that small talk there.
this is definitely NOT a hoax at all. My show which I am no longer apart of, always had a date set for monday’s for the 2nd season, so this was nothing planned. and so it will debut on the show, but I will not promote it etc…

anyways, I went finally down there yesterday, the initial meeting was before and I was shocked… but they couldn’t generate a check until yesterday. it all worked out and I am still a bit shocked.

I guess you’ll have to wait to see the final finished product.

the super site High Snobiety wrote a feature about the job…
check it out here

and p.s. I will get an updated february to march blog up soon. for real. I promise

god bless

• TonkahMarch 27, 2013 5:51 pm

25 kilo’s of gold…

• Mr. A. VanceMarch 27, 2013 5:58 pm

Mr. Yang,

I still would like to have a chance to work for you as an intern. I remember you listing the possibility months and months ago. Now that you are a father (congratulations), I would imagine your time is even more valuable to yourself. I have been a fan of your hustle and blog for years. Please consider the idea, I could re-submit my information, but would like the chance at the opportunity to learn from you.
    Thanks for your time and consideration,

A. Vance

• MLopezMarch 27, 2013 6:17 pm

25 Kilos? Damn, 750k in gold?

• Lucas MinkleinMarch 27, 2013 6:29 pm

Congratulations Ben, Hard work pays off. Just not long ago it was Celebs, Blackwall street, etc etc. now, its the guys who run the show behind the curtains. Id wish you good luck but you already got it, son, wife, and a living. Hope I can reach my success too, anything is possible, no matter who, what and where you from.

• Ben BallerMarch 27, 2013 7:36 pm

where did you get $750k?
    do you know Cartier charges $250 a gram for their 18k gold….

this is easily around $70+ a gram… there’s labor involved here.
    standard for 14k is $50-$55 a gram

over a million easily just in gold. well over a mill

• agalavizMarch 27, 2013 8:40 pm

Speaking of taken your fatherhood more to heart, I got my BLACK PVD BLACK DIAMOND CROSS and CHAIN for sale that i purchased from you awhile back, gotta keep up with these expensive kids of mine, if anyone wants to check it out get back at me.Cant wait to see this new chain, already know other jewelry makers are gonna shit themselves. galavizalbert@yahoo

• mikeMarch 27, 2013 9:18 pm

I don’t know much about jewelry, but it looks like you are about to change the game. Congrats and can’t wait to see this ignorant chain!

• CoryMarch 28, 2013 1:01 pm

I love a good Hundreds April Fools.

• end0ughMarch 29, 2013 2:46 pm

the hundreds are definitely taking their slogan to the next level with this piece. the hundreds is HUGE!

• crokkedMarch 30, 2013 5:11 am

just curious, if the chain is between 2-3 mil why was the check only for 500k?

• ShaneMarch 30, 2013 7:43 am

Nice, saw the cheque on your Instagram. The offer is still there for the help with the blogging. http://www.trendingfn.com

• ShaneMarch 30, 2013 7:44 am

Crokked – The 500k was an initial payment.

• Dr. PaulMarch 30, 2013 1:51 pm

What part of India you send it out to???

• CoryApril 1, 2013 6:38 am

bring on the Aprils Fool Joke already, people are so stupid…. A brand and group of guys that have never been about gold and diamonds, and a blogger that hasnt blogged in 6 weeks then floods the blog, lets go jokes…