Mar12

A Diamond Life….

March 12, 2012 ⋅ by Ben Baller ⋅ 19 comments

so this weekend was recovery from the caribbean sun and preparation for our new house….
before I even get to anything else, my brother Nick Diamond had his first seed on Saturday morning at 6:45am!

say Hi to Simone!!! congrats again Michelle & Nick

so anyways, if you follow me on Instagram, then you know Friday was a very sad day for me…. why? I’ll tell you…. after finding the perfect starter house for our newborn to be and everything else, I tried to find homes with 4 bedrooms that I could knock down a wall in like how my place now is, but it just wasn’t working… there was no real loft area that could take up that much space and still give us everything we need. to be honest, I got lucky by having that big gallery area, so that being 1 reason and this next picture sealed the deal on the main reason why I have to let go of my be@rbrick collection….

my little 1 year old Nephew Jesse came by our home before we left for our honeymoon and he couldn’t stop playing with the be@rs, he was obsessed with them and it was too cute to watch, he kissed them and I’m sure he wanted to take them down from the wall…. so there is NO way I could say NO to my own child, so there is NO way I could keep them really. I wouldn’t want to visit them in a gallery and no gallery would host them for a few years or long period of time, so it’s best to say good bye and sell off the biggest 1000% collection in the states and one of the top 1000% be@rbrick collections in the world.

they’ll be at Guy Hepner Art Gallery until the 23rd. on the 22nd of this month (a thursday) we will have a big event in honor of the installation and there will be cocktails and things served….

here’s me taking the wall down on friday

we had to have a special transport come get these that could insure these for over $50,000 and they were only going about 6 blocks away…. so imagine how much that cost? I wasn’t gonna take the risk. For those of you who collect art or know about rare or expensive art, Guy Hepner is one of the premier art dealers for people like Banksy, Warhol, Basquiat and at one point for a while was 1 of only 2 people who sold David LaChapelle… but he sells so much more too and he gets it done EARLY! he’s sold Kaws and 4 foot companions for higher than anyone else, his demographic and client list is the elite of elitists! so they’re not tripping or trying to get deals. but this collection will go for a fair value considering it took me since 2003 to build and these were shipped from all over the place, from paris to london to hong kong and tokyo! just shipping on the be@rs cost me over $4,000 easy over the past years…. so now that they’re all in 1 place, this is an impressive collection for any art lover to have in their home. He doesn’t cater to the hypebeast or sneakerhead crowd at all. I thought hard about keeping the Chanel bearbrick, but the collection wouldn’t be complete without her…. in fact, when the courier took all the be@rs, I drove Coco Chanel myself to the gallery…

Cocos last ride in the R8 🙁

guy did a great job replicating my wall at home and he built it even longer so it could accodate all the bears… he had it built really fast too. but it looks so much better a little longer as shown and with everything up evenly

so me and Nic went and got some dinner and I was depressed… but knew my 39 year old big kid ass had to grow up… I didn’t feel like doing shit and I didn’t even feel like eating anywhere really nice… so after we finished a meal at CPK, I drove over to the gallery to check out my bears…

smh, the best thing about this situation is that I don’t need the money, so it’ll go to the right owner

walked into my home and seen this and freaked out…

🙁 every time I walk into my place since friday I bug out seeing that open wall!

so as I previously mentioned, I am posting more pics out of the several hundred we have from our wedding…. these are Art Torres top picks. I left out a lot of the pics and some personal ones, but these are the rest that I want to show unless later I feel like posting more, but these are ready to go….

NOW BEFORE I GO ANY FURTHER…. I have to say a big thank you to Emilyn from “LOVE EM SWEET” desserts for the wonderful dessert table. they really had better desserts than our wedding cake and our wedding cake was crazy! the cake pops and brownies were incredible! and I heard the cup cakes were too, but I didn’t have any. by the end of the night there was nothing left!!! thank you so much for your competitive pricing and amazing set up! it was awesome! to book them for an event, go to www.LOVEemSWEET.com we will definitely use you guys again for any event we have!

now… back to the party!

I gotta say, people are still talking about our wedding and damn it was a wonderful day!
thanks to Art Torres and Tony Chu for capturing it… I appreciate the hard work and talent you put behind our big day! much love and respect….

now while I was in the caribbean chillin…. something else was chillin back home!

3 more members of the Worldstar family are getting chains this week! and I can’t wait to show y’all my Worldstar chain which is almost finished… you know I had to throw my little swag touch on it 😉

P.S. I always forget to post pick ups nowadays… and that’s important, not only for my sponsors, but my followers like to know what I’m rocking even though 90% of it is Diamond Supply…

I got the new diamond embroidered logo crew neck, the newest hoody and a patch logo crew and of course more argyle socks! I love them shits! but I also got some new dope “Illest” socks and a new ILLEST hoody courtesy of my man Mark Arsenal… also got a super fucking dope cheetah FAME (hall of fame) logo tee and another HOF tee that I’m rocking right now and a dope ass WB “Warn A Brotha” snap back also from Hall Of Fame…..

last but not least, shout out to my boy Brandon who laced me with my PS VITA 3G/WIFI joint a couple weeks ago that I am just breaking out now! I shoulda opened that bitch before the honeymoon!

thanks BC!

okay, got work, paint and movers to get on

peace!

• richMarch 12, 2012 12:43 pm

mannn ben u should keep those bearbricks. set them up nicely in the garage somewhere dont sell them

• VIGMarch 12, 2012 1:32 pm

what about the 400% andre monsieur A kubricks? are u selling them too?

• nanaMarch 12, 2012 3:20 pm

when u get a rolex do u buy it new or used?

• CrazyMTFMarch 12, 2012 4:23 pm

I knew this day would come but I wish it would of came when I started make some real paper to buy it from you.lol.Anyway you should kept them put it inside of man cave cause you well be having a baby soon so you gotta get a bigger place.So you can take them with you but hey it’s your shit do what you gotta do with it.

• Ben BallerMarch 12, 2012 5:34 pm

@nana, it depends, if I’m getting one for a client, 95% of the time it’s brand new in the box never worn or touched. every model varies. are you trying to buy a rolex? you’re getting manic about it here? or do you have one for sale?

• Elle @ ChellbellzMarch 12, 2012 7:13 pm

I remember when you first started blogging about your wife, it’s crazy to have literally saw from start to now, beautiful wedding and congrats!!

• nanaMarch 12, 2012 8:24 pm

i want to buy one… but you being knowledgeable about jewelry i though u could help… did u get ur yachtmaster or submariner used? and when u get them new where do you get them for clients

• Ben BallerMarch 12, 2012 9:45 pm

@nana rolex’s are like cash, not most cash is new and most have passed through many hands… but rolex’s aren’t usually passed around too much. there are scales and way to check how new or crisp is by the band/bracelet test, etc…

the yachtmaster is brand new, spanking new, the new day date II’s are brand new, straight up from Rolex. I have several different dealers who get me things, but I would like to get a dealer price. I buy them from a dealer who gives it to me for less than what a normal consumer will pay.

#1 rule for me as a jeweler and watch reseller. I rather buy a used rolex if it’s gold and let the person who bought it new eat the tax etc. but these days with the new crazy watches, they’re holding their value so crazy that if you just hold on to a new one after a year, you get your money back.

• nambyMarch 13, 2012 3:08 pm

so ddII or yachmaster if u had a choice to get one right now?

• MelanieMarch 13, 2012 5:30 pm

Beautiful pics; I want some of the desserts!

• MikeMarch 13, 2012 6:27 pm

Ben I wish I had the money to buy your entire collection!

• BedeMarch 13, 2012 11:27 pm

Hey Ben
    I forward this post to weibo(its like China’s twitter).

people were upset about your selling but also very respect you doing it as a father. you have many fans here in Hong Kong and China. please open a weibo account!!

• Ben BallerMarch 13, 2012 11:37 pm

hey @Bede I have signed up for a weibo account actually a few weeks ago while having a discussion with my friend Edison Chen…. I still don’t understand how to use it even with a translator. but I was supposed to be in HK for the first time in 8 years!!!! I love kowloon! and really want to do some work out there soon maybe next month or in May! tell everyone I am a big fan of China and Hong Kong!

• BedeMarch 14, 2012 12:59 am

Thanks for showing up in weibo! drop me a line in weibo if you need help on posting or translating . people in China not all very good in English. you may want to apply a “v” (its identification for celebrity or famous people) so people knows you are no fake. you can ask Edison help you on this or I try acquire it for you

• Ben BallerMarch 14, 2012 2:11 am

@bede, I don’t care to get or apply for anything there, but if I remember I will ask Edison or my friend Jessica C… thanks for your help. I’m sure I will find a way to use weibo for marketing purposes! I appreciate the offer and I will hit you up

• nambyMarch 14, 2012 3:34 pm

dd2 or yachtmaster 2

• Ben BallerMarch 14, 2012 11:57 pm

namby, I have both. 2 different types of watches. ym for sporty and president II for president swag

• nambyMarch 15, 2012 3:08 pm

so if u could have 1 only which would it be and post some pics of them please!!

• eddeeboichoiMarch 17, 2012 8:07 pm

Wow congratulations brother. Swags lookin official. I wish you the best with your wife. You guys look great and HAPPy together. youre a Huge inspiration to me and i look up to you as a hyung.. LOl but yah your life story and blog just has RAW and REAL material. Always read it but decided to drop a comment cus the shit you say actually helps me get thru things and i love how you keep everything real. Congrats again. Catch me on twitter.com/eddeeboi