Dec22

BRRRR! WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT BOY? #JACK #PLAYCLOTHS

December 22, 2011 ⋅ by Ben Baller ⋅ 24 comments

he was talkin shit, so we put a rose gold slap onto that boy!

yep, pusha x IF and Co. part III….

you seen the wax mold,
you seen the rose gold mold…..

okay, so let’s see what we had to work with

that’s Jack. the play cloths mascot and logo

a week and some change later….

this shit is no joke.
3-D
we used so many different precious genuine gem stones, it’s disgusting…
red rubies on the hat mixed with canary diamonds…. we were gonna make that propeller on his hat move around, but Pusha is smart and didn’t want it to be an issue later or have that part be weak and fall off….
we used intense deep blue sapphires word to Lorraine…. we used cognac diamonds on the pants and hands… VS diamonds on the face to give it some contrast and let you see the little bit of rose gold behind them diamonds…. red Rubies with some black rhodium on the eyes…. we used VVS diamonds on the socks to really bring out the extra whites and of course triple A black diamonds for his shoes. Jack is swagged the fuck out! piece is solid, heavy 14k pink gold and I haven’t even calculated the total carat weight. real shit. that 14k rose gold OG military bead chain is NON EXISTENT! no way will you find one that thick in 14k rose anywhere! real shit. everything right now Pusha is touching is on some sittin on a yacht with a slight ghetto chic swag to it. smh…. luxury is his middle name.

last night was the 3 year anniversary for Play Cloths and I woulda loved to have made it in time… but what was more important is the years to come….. congrats on the Tres anos
here’s some angled pics with the natural light hitting it and you will still have to see this in person and see we even lined the pockets and so much extra detail my S95 couldn’t capture for real.

them real cognac diamonds are lookin really more XO than chocolate

and hold up…. we’re not done yet… this is where we say FUCK YOU

no need to laser the back, we just decided to ICE out our “IF” logo on the back where the slider/loop goes…. didn’t want a bail attached to that pinwheel hat; it woulda ruined the flow of the piece, so we made it in the back and the shit is just a bittersweet symphony, this liiiifeeeee!

thank you Push! we got more projects I’m sure to come. that new mixtape is crazy…. I can’t wait to see your future with my boys at that G.O.O.D. music label
and speaking of mixtapes, I just downloaded Weeknd’s new joint “Echo’s of Silence”…. can’t even say how I feel about it yet…. but I’m definitely gonna slap it in the whip on the way to SF

OH YEAH, THE SALE IS DONE!
PRICES ARE BACK TO OUR NORMAL REGULAR LOW PRICES! WE STILL BEAT YOUR WORK!

I leave tomorrow to the Bay Area to cool out literally for a few days.
I’ll post a nice little blog on the whip I just got from the GM celebrity program and some gifts I got from my fam at UNDFTD and maybe a couple things, but I really couldn’t take a lot of pics of the things we made because they were xmas gifts and the readers would have spoiled their surprises ;)

much love
play dirty…. with play cloths

p.s. I might just quit this jewelry game in all seriousness. we’re just guillotine-ing motherfuckers too much!

• William ParkDecember 22, 2011 9:23 am

I read up on your blog daily and that piece is icy!! And to make things better I bang with playcloths. The details are on point and your work is flawless keep it up…vicariously living through this blog man!

• Arthurone1NYCDecember 22, 2011 9:30 am

That piece came 0ut official!!! Shout 0ut 2 The Clipse I fucks wit Playcloth

• Mike DukesDecember 22, 2011 9:35 am

DOA.. I love that JACK piece. GOOD JOB BENNY!!

“Some hit the gold, a few hit the hole. The rest riding around like they half eskimo.. Blow lines the walls of the trunks and fenders. School of hard knocks, my I.Q. is MENSA”

I finally got around to checkin’ my fresh, so check me out and show some love pimpin’

Dukes/305

• Pusha T’s ‘Play Cloths’ VVS ‘Jack’ Pendant | ctothejl.comDecember 22, 2011 9:47 am

[...] via If & Co. [...]

• In Flex We Trust » (Photo) Check Out Pusha T’s New ChainDecember 22, 2011 10:42 am

[...] IFandCO [...]

• andreaDecember 22, 2011 11:44 am

Super Icy & Fresh! IF & Co. Does it again!

• richDecember 22, 2011 12:15 pm

is play cloths pushas line?

• Banned From TVDecember 22, 2011 12:45 pm

@rich I was thinking the same thing, does Pusha own the line?

• GrahamDecember 22, 2011 6:13 pm

Sickiest piece of jewlery made in years hands down!

• CrazyMTFDecember 22, 2011 6:52 pm

@Ben Baller

Is it the same size as the jesus pieces or smaller?

• Ben BallerDecember 22, 2011 6:57 pm

@rich I thought that was obvious and I’m kinda out of the loop….
    it was introduced to the clothing game as Pusha’s line. yes he owns the line/brand

• Pusha T x Ben Baller x IF & Co. “RUNNING JACK” « Individual SoleDecember 23, 2011 1:05 am

[...] Ben Baller worked up a new piece for PlayCloths’ Pusha T.  Inspired by the PlayCloths logo, the piece helps bring in the 3rd anniversary of PlayCloths. Check out more information on the project through his site. [...]

• KAM_December 23, 2011 2:26 am

So what do you think about Pusha and Common going at Drizzy lately on Sweet and the freestyle over Sweet?? Since you know both of them Id figure you could possibly provide some insight ?

• Pusha T x Ben Baller x IF & Co. “RUNNING JACK” | My BlogDecember 23, 2011 2:45 am

[...] symbol a third anniversary of Play Cloths. Ben Baller offers a extensive relapse of a square on his site. This entry was posted in Uncategorized by . Bookmark the [...]

• Pusha T X Ben Baller’s IF & Co. Running Jack Play Cloths Logo PendantDecember 23, 2011 6:37 am

[...] team at IF&Co. laced Pusha T with a pendant worthy of pushing Play Cloths. Click below to read Ben’s words about the [...]

• EthanDecember 23, 2011 9:08 am

DAMN BEN…U KILLED EM AGAIN!! SHIT IS FIYAH BRO!!

• Freshpen23December 23, 2011 9:20 am

I haven’t made up my mind about ‘Echoes of Silence’ yet, either. There’s a couple tracks that are coo, but overall it may be The Weeknd’s weakest mixtape. Post your thoughts after slappin’ it on the 5 (I hate that drive, sometimes), Ben!

• richDecember 23, 2011 11:17 am

@ben thanx man i know it was a dumb question but i honestly never heard of that brand till u posted that logo for them i googled it but didnt see pushas name in there so i had to ask

• Mike DukesDecember 23, 2011 12:01 pm

@Rich and everyone else, that isn’t a dumb question at all.

Pharell and Pusha cemented their reputations as trendsetters after they almost single-handedly imported and popularized Nigo’s Japanese cult clothing brand A Bathing Ape. Clipse copycats became so ubiquitous that their armies of “Mini-mes” inspired the group to write a song, “Mr. Me Too.”.

Nigo, the original director of BAPE, BBC, and Ice Cream had a cousin in Japan that would go into his warehouse at night and “knockoff” everything just to have a chockhold on all markets.

When I first met Ben through social media I respected the business model of two people, Nigo & Jonas. PIONEERS.

There is also Billionaire Boys Club AND IceCream. Playcloth’s is PushaT’s baby and his alone. He took his scrapbook of inspirations back in 2006-2007 to Virginia designers, who helped him develop the pieces. They’ll be selling to select boutiques and using the same strategy used by Pharrell who currently oversees the lines Billionaire Boys Club and Ice Cream.

-DUKES http://www.FashionLovesMusic.wordpress.com

• Pusha T x Ben Baller x IF & Co. “RUNNING JACK” | Hyping Up The Streets | Online Magazine- Sneakers, Street Fashion, Gadgets, ToysDecember 24, 2011 5:54 pm

[...] is a mark of Play Cloths 3rd Anniversary. A Breakdown of this awsome piece you can check the site GA_googleAddAttr("AdOpt", "1"); GA_googleAddAttr("Origin", "other"); [...]

• richDecember 26, 2011 12:02 pm

@ mike thanx man great info

• QueniDecember 26, 2011 3:13 pm

Dope!!

(FawakaTube.blogspot/FawakaTube.com)

• QueniDecember 26, 2011 3:14 pm

Dope!

(FawakaTube.blogspot/FawakaTube.com)

• Another Pusha T x Ben Baller x IF & Co. “RUNNING JACK” « IT'S NOT JUST CLOTHING, IT'S A LIFESTYLEDecember 27, 2011 1:36 pm

[...] third anniversary of Play Cloths. Ben Baller offers a comprehensive breakdown of the piece on his site. Share this:FacebookTwitterLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. This entry was posted by [...]