Jun24

CROOKS EL PRESIDENTE

June 24, 2011 ⋅ by Ben Baller ⋅ 8 comments

y’all remember about a month ago when I got a the limited edition Crooks N Castles watch?

well I didn’t really get to do a cool review on it, but peep game, the watch itself, by itself shits on that Bapex joint that came out a while ago…. and they released it in 2 colorways, 1 with the silver stainless finish and then 1 in the Black PVD/DLC look which is so sick! they really did a great job on the DLC with this and where this wins is that they replicated the 41mm day date II look, instead of the OG datejust 38mm size….

well here’s the OG Crooks watch before IF and Co put their touch on it….

and
AFTER

lol at “OYSTERS BE SEXUAL ON A DATE”

we made 2 of course, for both founders/CEO’s (Dennis “the general” and Rob “OG KUSH MASTER” lol)

the bezels were CNC machine made and the PVD coating is what took so long…. we channel set 6 carats of black diamonds on each bezel and they look even better in person… my shakey hands and shitty camera doesn’t do these street pieces justice!

much love,
enjoy

hopefully, I’ll have a cool weekend!

• PorscheJune 24, 2011 12:20 pm

These are sexy… great job!

• jamesJune 24, 2011 12:21 pm

what’s with “Thursday” not being locked in?……buuttt, very niiice

• MIKEY MIKEJune 24, 2011 1:55 pm

Those are cool bro, one question though, what does PVD/DLC means and also CNC??? Thanks man!

• LeftyJune 24, 2011 4:34 pm

The work is to damn clean! lol

• Ben BallerJune 24, 2011 5:33 pm

@mikey DLC – diamond like coating (it’s the clean smooth black finish that they are doing on black rolex’s and AP’s now.
    PVD is just another term for it for a ceramic coating, thats how we finished the bezel so smoothly

@james I was messing with the dates a little bit, it locks in fine.

I think I’m gonna have to cop one now and make a bezel for myself now because this shit came out really clean

• CrazyMTFJune 24, 2011 11:57 pm

I knew sooner or later you was gonna ice it out.

• AllAboutMeJune 25, 2011 4:40 am

This looks like fire!
    Quick question will a normal rolex bezel fit on these watches and are the silver ones proper stainless steel or silver painted?
    im gonna copp if its stainless steel and a diamond rolex bezel can fit!

• biscaynebay305June 26, 2011 5:46 pm

damn u guys killed that shit. at first i thought it was wack that they str8 bit off the daydate. u guys did that shit sum justice tho !!