Nov12

COMME DES GARCON X HAPPY RIBBON
1000% BE@RBRICK… DIAMOND “YESU”
FILTHY KR3W X CROOKS PARTY

November 12, 2010 ⋅ by Ben Baller ⋅ 16 comments

so this entry won’t be just about the clear be@rbrick and it being my 37th 1000% in my personal collection… but also about some random shit goings ons… ya dig?

THANK YOU MR. E aka aMYstirrE for holding me down on the comme des garcon rare be@rbrick at such a gangster price all the way from Hong Kong! other cats need to step their game up…
THANKS AGAIN AND AGAIN!
this clear Happy Ribbon be@rbrick was a collab with Dover Street Market shop(in London, UK) x Comme Des Garcon of course…. was produced in 2006 and only 150 were made so it’s really really a rare piece!

(click to enlarge images)

thanks again and again Mr. E! I will be in touch if I need anything in HK!

___________________________________________________________________
so onto some jewels….. as we’re making 40 custom pieces right now. YES 40! in the worst recession I’ve seen to date! no, not alloy, not cz’s OR EVEN CLARITY ENHANCED DIAMONDS! but VS stones with some 14k gold!

here’s something we made for a customer 2 days ago
the different style jesus piece… people call the “kufi” jesus
FYI “YESU” means Jesus in Korean…

oh boy! 🙂
it’s about 250 grams which is HELLA HEAVY! and belongs now on a heavy ass cuban chain keeping it classic NYC shit! I love it when New Yorkers spend their hard earned bread with us here in the west coast.

we got a lotta cool smaller shit to show soon…. some I can’t show due to the clients request and due to the fact that they are x-mas gifts…. but the smaller 1.5″ to 2″ pieces are winning right now! Also a cool g-shock that is very affordable as it’s only iced out in 1 certain area!
stay tuned!!!!

__________________________________________________________________

“YOU AIN’T A CROOK SON…. YOU JUST A SHOOK ONE”
last night was a private invite only party at Factory 413 for the Crooks n Castles x KR3W collab release….
Joy did a wonderful job putting it together and the dopest part was it was a east coast meets west coast feel….
we had on 1 side of the dj booth…. my homey DJ QUIK and to the right of him…. another legend JUST BLAZE
crazy, cuz I’ve been bumping into Quik at a lot of places…. and to be quite honest? I was such a fucking fan of his when I was a senior in HS it’s sick…. I remember having his mixtape back in 1990 with the remixed gang related verses off “quik is the name” and for a minute Compton was really running shit in the music game…..
over to Just…. I’ve been 1 degree of separation from Just Blaze from at least 10 close friends…. from the Rocafella camp to the sneaker fam and niketalk, to LRG to the jewelry cats and now to my filthy KR3W! was good catching up with my Dunamis famo lol… fyi Just Blaze was 1 of the 1st 3 cats to own or rock a Dunamis Timepiece….

so they were bumping everything from Dre to Dipset and just keeping the party moving…..
meanwhile I watched the punk ass Miami Heat get their asses handed to them by the punk ass Celtics and could only think all night, damn how much of a bust is Miami? smh…. My Lakers lost, but I wasn’t even trippin…. 8-1 and we’re good! see you at the finals for our 3-peat

so anyways…. drinks provided by Belvedere and they were pouring the 100 proof so cats could get liquored up faster….. lots of familiar faces and positive vibes going down…. everyone chillin, smokin, drinkin and having a good time.
thank you Joy, much love to my supra/filthy kr3w fam Angel & Muska… can’t forget Dirt and the rest of the kr3w!

some pics

me with Dennis aka co-founder, co-owner of Crooks….

me with the one and only Justin Blaze…. yes my specs are prescription now 😐

Chad Muska, me and a guy I don’t remember his name, but prolly is the most important cat in this pic

btw,
yesterday was the final funeral ceremony for my pops (buddhist) so it might have a been a little quiet on my bbm, facebook and internet yesterDAY….. much love…. still fucks me up and prolly is the main reason why I feel weird every single day and night.

p.s. if you didn’t know, now you do… YM doesn’t stand for Young Money…. Drizzy Drake can confirm

lol
everyone have a safe great weekend!
my girl’s having a photoshoot for her bikini line Lollime tomorrow, so she has a couple girls to shoot for her new lookbook and I get to stare at them and not feel funny about it….. then I might have a get together at my place to watch the Pacquiao fight or head down south to watch it at the homey Paolo’s crib!

OH
and p.p.s I got kanye’s album a few days ago and listened to it and damn the beats are on point…. production got that vintage sound to it with the dope breaks and samples… but fuck the autotune and overall lyrics need to take a hike and come back to the OG yeezy… a couple cool metaphors. but man I feel like the lyrical content is lost…. no direction #okbye

peace!
take care!

• Mr. ENovember 12, 2010 11:49 am

No worries homie. Glad I could help. Can’t wait to see the wall complete (before adding a second wall that is).

Can’t wait to hear the Kanye joint, but I have to agree that lyrical content is less than spectacular. If you have heard any of MC Jin’s new joints he speaks at that in detail. Kind of hey him and RR parted ways and he moved his ass to Hong Kong. If you haven’t heard the 2 latest mix tapes he did, you can find 2010 Hiphop Census Mixtape here.

http://ayojin.wordpress.com/2010-hiphop-census-mixtape-download/ and the Say Something mixtape here
    lyrics are not laggin.

-E

• djbattlemonkeyNovember 12, 2010 12:05 pm

I feel you on that Kanye album. Almost a good album but the key word in this sentance is almost… Remember on his first album where he rambled on for 20 minutes about nothing? Well the line that Dame “said” was even if it’s wack we can put Cam or Beans on every track… This one should say even when Kanye is wack we can put Pusha on every track… Congrats Pusha for making me enjoy more songs on this album then I should have.

• djbattlemonkeyNovember 12, 2010 12:07 pm

oh and I hate you on that pickup. Only one I ever had a chance at looked like an og pair of air pythons. All off yellow and cloudy. So get your silca packs ready.

• The BeastNovember 12, 2010 2:15 pm

couple questions for you ben. who do you got on the pacman vs. margarito fight? im curious to see your thoughts on the fight.

also, list your top 5 rappers(dead or alive). here’s my list, no particular order.

big, fat man with that swag
    yeezy, classic joints, creative, a,b,c,d all of the above
    cudi, best shit to listen to when you’re in space, like he’s on some other shit, not of this world type shit
    pusha-t, most underrated artist, time to get his shine
    jay-z, epic

curious to see your thoughts since you’ve come from that musical background.

• ATLWoodNovember 12, 2010 2:31 pm

Good post today bruh. I’m sure your pops would be/is proud as hell to see you out here grindin and livin your life to the fullest. I think you’re right about the lakers. They got a VERY good chance of defending that title again this year. Miami may go down in History as one of the most epic fails in sports history. I can just see that team imploding on themselves if they continue to lose ballgames. Anybody catch my ATL Falcons with that sick victory over the Ravens last night? 7-2 baby!!! We goin all the way this year. Remember I called that shit when you see my birds in Dallas at the end of the year! Roddy White is the most underrated player in the NFL right now imo. Dude is a gamer for real.

Btw what time is tha

• ATLWoodNovember 12, 2010 2:33 pm

Was tryin to say what time is that Pacman fight? And uh if you could give that to me in EST it would bs much appreciated.

• Ben BallerNovember 12, 2010 4:10 pm

@thebeast… check the blog early early on, I did a top 5 in the game already

I assume they’re gonna fight around 8pm pacific time, so that’s whatever on your time….. they’re fight in dallas or somewhere in texas.
    I just know around 7pm til 10pm I’ll be in front of a TV

• CrazyMTFNovember 12, 2010 6:19 pm

Just Blaze was the first with alot of things he was the first with the PSP remote chain and that Dark Vader and Storm Trooper chain a Ben I like to see you in a bigger jacket that one look kind of to small for you danm just blaze lost alot of weight I can’t wait for Polow Da Don to do the same thing

• C-DubNovember 13, 2010 10:43 am

Hey Ben, that dude in the picture is Jim Greco, pro skateboarder (crazy cool dude too). Take care homie

• Lost CauseNovember 13, 2010 12:46 pm

CrazyMTF:Ben I like to see you in a bigger jacket that one look kind of to small for you.

^^^^^
    LMAO!!!
    Ben your C-section is pure hilarity

• Ben BallerNovember 13, 2010 6:46 pm

@c-dub I didn’t know that? we’re only on the same team 🙂
    most cats don’t get my humor…. I did that to joke around… we’re both on Supra. I know

that jacket is tight! as tight as my ex’s pussy…. looks are deceiving

• heywoodNovember 14, 2010 7:27 am

Jus needs to take care of them elbows

• metalNovember 18, 2010 4:26 pm

How are you not familiar w/Greco?….

• Ben BallerNovember 18, 2010 6:00 pm

@metal…. read the comments

• tonyNovember 19, 2010 10:17 am

hey Ben how you doing? well just passing by and ran into your pics and would like to know what kind of watch you are wearing in the 10th pic where your standing with from friends.. thanx..

• Ben BallerNovember 19, 2010 9:27 pm

@tony that’s a 60mm diamond Dunamis Hercules….