Nov3

TERRY KENNEDY X CHRISTIAN HOSOI….
SUPRA TK SOCIETY X 413 X RISING SUN

November 3, 2010 ⋅ by Ben Baller ⋅ 11 comments

If you don’t already know…. now you do, when I was growing up in K-Town…. Christian Hosoi next to Bruce Lee was an idol of mine… best part about it, was he lived off Oxford and 6th St….. I grew up on Kingsley and Olympic, so were K-Town neighbors!

(for those who didn’t know I was an OG skater too)
above is from 1987….. I was running around chasing Hosoi like 1986… but been nice on a skateboard since 1984… now I can barely ride down the street on that shit! smh

and anytime Hosoi would come out and skate, I’d try to catch him right there on Wilshire and Oxford where OG cats used to get down! or the CNA building (now it’s the social security? or some shit) on 6th and La Fayette where the crazy wave like sculptures were like mini ramps….

anyways, If you ever saw Hosoi skate back then, it was like Jordan dunking, no joke…. the air he would get was insane!
my good friend Cesario Montano aka Block directed the illest documentary about Hosoi called “Rising Son” and I remember Block repping Venice hardbody….

anyways….. when Vans dropped the Hosoi SK8 Hi’s I had to cop…..
now that my own brand/fam supra dropped them a short while ago, I had to grab mine early…. just blogging them now!

so paying homage to an old homey and a skate LEGEND!
(CLICK TO ENLARGE)

THANK YOU JOY! AND ANGEL AND MY FILTHY KR3W / SUPRA FAM!

peace!

p.s.

I hate it when friends of mine bbm pics of shit like this to me…

FUCK YOU MARK…. you know I don’t send you pics of my 11″ penis or…. well actually, if you had bbm in 2004, I woulda def sent you daily pics of my garage at my crib which you’ve seen already hahahaha. still fuck you. btw, last nights game was lame! If this woulda been vs. Miami, then my feelings woulda been hurt!

• MitchNWNovember 3, 2010 1:23 pm

Those are definitely one of the better looking Society models Ive seen.

• Mike DukesNovember 3, 2010 1:34 pm

I like the last sentence.. prepare to get your feelings worked Benny, christmas is riiiight around the corner 😉

• CrazyMTFNovember 3, 2010 2:19 pm

Is he going to release the same color way in low tops or this is the only TK kick thats going to be in that color

• Ben BallerNovember 3, 2010 2:27 pm

I think this is only for the Society not the Stacks

• robertoNovember 3, 2010 3:27 pm

yo ben those sneakers ur rockin in the pic on the skateboard are sikk

• Ben BallerNovember 3, 2010 3:48 pm

1987 Air Force II’s, but the OG’s…. not the weak retros they made in 03/04….. they were thinner…. the ones Michael Cooper wore during the back to back lakers championships!

• Seongho AnNovember 3, 2010 4:32 pm

that japanese flag shit represents its imperialism back in 1920 or something when they massacred millions of innocent Koreans including women and children.
    Rising sun? you don’t deserve to mention you are korean or your pride in it..
    you don’t know how koreans get crazy when they see this kinda shit.
    It’s like how Jews perceive Nazi symbol.
    Supra should have knowledge..it’s just stupid..
    I don’t know what to say man
    I feel so sorry to have my first comment on this post. You’ve been my most influential person in my life yo..
    Please………dont do this…..

• Ben BallerNovember 3, 2010 5:08 pm

I will not defend anyone supporting genocides….
    but I think you are jumping the gun WWAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY to strong.

my father was involved in korean politics for a LONGGG TIME. I used to wear a kamikaze bandana as a kid when I used to breakdance and he woulda beat my ass for wearing it when he would mention shit that was much less deep.

you cannot compare the rising sun symbol to the Nazi symbol… I have never heard this to the extreme or even to the way you have defined the symbol of the flag…
    if you are even slightly right, I’d think it was more towards how african americans look at a confederate flag…

but how the Jews look at the swastika? EVERYONE HATES THAT SYMBOL. not just jews, but asians, latinos, blacks etc….
    there are famous koreans who have songs named “rising sun”

homey it’s 2010, do you have japanese friends? I live a very open cultured life with a melting pot of friends…. relax.
    I know Christian… he’s part japanese…. get mad at a bunch of people, but I will look deeper into it, I didn’t see much. trust me I know the beef we had with the japanese….. my brother is married to a japanese woman. are we gonna speak on manzanar(sp?) and pearl harbor etc????

but break it down further…… I respect your passion and love for my/our culture though

• Seongho AnNovember 3, 2010 5:41 pm

I cannot compare the rising sun symbol to the Nazi symbol?
    What is the difference?
    I know you wouldn’t rock a pair of shoes with sawtika on it.
    You can’t justify their unforgivable brutality like that..think of the victims.
    Thanks for your reply.

• JLNovember 3, 2010 6:32 pm

look at this clown tv johnny dang…what in the hell is he saying..smdh

• robertoNovember 3, 2010 6:39 pm

yo ben when are u gonna rap a verse,tv johnny did and he cant sing worth shit,if you did it you would go platinum